Location: Fiji Islands
- Analyse current procedures and activities to identify and present opportunities for improvement of the workshop.
- Ensure that the department is adequately staffed to achieve objectives, and that technicians are aware of procedures for using new products and equipment.
- Facilitate the orientation of new team members in collaboration with the Workshop Supervisor by familiarizing them with work surroundings, explaining work hours, procedures, use of equipment and job expectations and ensure that new team members understand their respective duties.
- Maintain good relationships with customers.
- Ensure adequate maintenance of tools, equipment and other materials in the Service Area.
- Facilitate the training and development of team members in the department, by providing feedback and coaching to support improvements in their job performance.
- Conduct annual Performance Appraisal for Workshop Personnel.
- Provide advice and technical assistance to team members.
- Evaluate the impact of work delays, interruptions or changes in plans to develop appropriate course of actions.
- Monitor workflow to anticipate impact of delays due to team members being absent for leaves, holidays or sickness.
- Review customers service orders and inspect the quality of a technician repairs before the release of vehicles.
- Review work orders to ensure that all actions have been documented according to Service Workshop policies and procedures.
- Plan and prepare annual budget for the department and facilities, scheduling expenditures, analysing variances and initiating corrective actions. Follow up closely during implementation.
- Coordinate with sales department and arrange for delivery of equipment to customers.
- Maintain communication with GM headquarters to obtain security information, report unusual concerns and share new ideas that may contribute to improved Workshop operations.
- Maximum of 5 years’ experience managing an automotive workshop, particularly attached to a dealership
- ASE Master Certified Automobile Technician
- Degree/Diploma – Mechanical/Automobile Engineering
- Experience in the automotive industry
- Strong vehicle diagnostic skills
- Automotive systems (vehicle layout, function and location of parts)
- Knowledge of mechanical issues, warranties, service and general repairs
- Technically competent with ability to train others
- Customer service ability
- Leading & Supervising
How to apply:
Please forward your resume in MS WORD FORMAT to firstname.lastname@example.org or feel free to call at 6789 1778 for more information.
Interested applicants please state your expected salary, last drawn salary and starting date.
Log on to www.access-personnel.jobs for more job opportunities!
EA Personnel: Magaswary Kathirvellu
EA Reg ID: R1107046
EA Licence No: 11C5552